LR for ingnite presentation

1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the six categories. 
www:
Media theorists included and talked about shots like the CCTV shot
understood the audience well
amusing 
Good representation expression
interesting story line
Some good theories
Lots of research shown
Good use of diversity
Good title and fit well with your series
Creative
Well explained

EBI:
Little quiet when pitching
Work of delivery
Talk about casting
Research audience and industry
Little confusing
Explain the concepts
Needs to be practiced
work on terminology
Elaborate

1)Research: 0
2)Concept: 1
3)Language: 2
4)Representation: 1
5)Audience and industry: 2
6)Delivery: 2

  • Good title but shaky start - clearly no rehearsal
  • Cold opening point is goof and good TV drama convention. Opening slide also shows evidence of research and similar shows
  • Media language is addressed but not in great depth - lots of terminology mentioned but not specifically how it will be used.
  • seems to have missed narrative and character
  • Audience is addressed but again a lack of depth and authority to the presentation
  • Some nice elements to the delivery in places but also a lack of authority
  • Q+A really reveals the lack of preparation and work
2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your own coursework concept and presentation as a whole.

WWW: I believe I have diversified my work and also explained clearly hoe my work subverts from traditional TV drama. Furthermore I have understood the area I have been lacking in and my peers has showed me the reality in filming my initial idea. Due to the question and answer, I have gained the knowledge of reality and casting. With my presentation it consisted of characters that had to look above the age of 25 which was a problem as I will be unable to find casting. This has led to me changing my narrative which consists of a storyline based around teenagers which gives the audience reality. I should rehearse more which allows my peers to understand the narrative better and make it less confusing. I also realised the importance of the Title as it gives the audience a feel of the drama.

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your narrative offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Does it fit the genre you are aiming for? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?
My presentation will lead into my actual production through the use of the protagonist leading the narrative. I will be changing my statement of intent and my peers and Mr Halsey has had me realising the reality of my TV drama through casting. Furthermore I have not based my storyline around the detective finding the missing boy but I have changed it to being it based around to protagonists being teenagers. My narrative did not offer enough clarity but now as it has been changed, I have added a clear story line for the audience to follow and also created mystery which draws and allows the audience to be on their feet. Also with my new TV drama, it is appropriate as specified in the brief but shall be shot very carefully as my Drama is based around violence which involves guns. Furthermore it fits the genre im aiming for with a bit of family drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

research

Film industry and the BBFC

mise-en-scene 2